Extremely Linden

Friday, August 11, 2006

Scooby dooby doo

It was 'come as a cartoon character' today for the last day of playscheme. Alun came as Shaggy - I wish I'd had my camera with me.

We also had Tinkerbell, Inspector Gadget and Otto wandering about. But that's fairly normal for us.

Playscheme has been a great success with over 30 children attending each day.

The Community Cafe has one more week to run. Trade has been variable but those who've not been deterred by the lack of chips and burgers on the menu have been appreciative.

A number of the cafe workers have been young people who normally attend Red's evening sessions. They've worked hard and been a great asset. It's been especially good for the customers to see the different ages working together - one of the aims of the scheme - and for those of us who aren't normally involved to meet them.

* * * * * * * * * * *

This Sunday, Nick Burton is stalking about our God of compassion and grace. Obviously it would be very hard to stalk God so I hope Nick will have given up by Sunday and will come and talk to us instead.

(Meanwhile, in an email, Janet puts me in the same sentence as the word troll. I am not sure if she is referring to my hairy feet or my habit of lurking under bridges.)

Next Sunday we will be saying goodbye to, and praying for, the team of volunteers who have been with us for two years (or six months). Even though we're saying goodbye, only some of them are going, proving once again that Swansea is the graveyard of ambition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home