Extremely Linden

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Noisy!

Friday was a busy day in work (making up for my day off on Tuesday) so I didn't have time to write about what's happening here tomorrow.

Alun is going to be speaking - quietly I expect - about noise. He knows a lot about that. But more particularly he's talking how noise gets in the way, gets between us and God.

At least that's what I think he's talking about. It was hard to get any sense out of him when he popped into the office briefly for a bowl of cereal and to check his emails.

You see, he and Dave are currently on tour of the Swansea schools with Shiver Me Timbers (as mentioned previously). With a school most mornings and afternoons he's only in the office for short periods in between times.

And, strange as it may seem, I do miss him. He might not be much but he's all I have - when it comes to the office environment. And he does make a neat cup of tea. Although I had to teach him.

We are very proper when it comes to tea in the Linden office: it's made in a tea-pot and left to brew, keeping it warm in its cosy, until ready for pouring.

Angelo, Alun's one-time sidekick, sometimes made tea in the mug and waited to see if I'd notice (I didn't but my excuse is that I was too busy/too polite to comment). Angelo isn't with us any more. We take our tea very seriously.

On Thursday evening, the leaders, and anyone else who is interested, are taking a trip to Porthcawl (as mentioned in a previous post). They're meeting at Linden at 6 and aim to be back for 9. If you'd like to go along and pray for areas along the South Wales coast (or eat candy floss) meet the others at Linden; if you need a lift, call Andy Dallas.

Other than that things are quietening down as the summer hols approach. Most classes have finished but Bigfish and Exist continue until the end of the school term.

Then it will be the summer playscheme - but more of that again.

This is Lucy Letters signing off, dear readers. Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home