Extremely Linden

Friday, July 14, 2006

The wheat from the chaff

This coming Sunday will be a testing one for many in Linden.

At 11.00 am we have our regular meeting; at 11.30 am, the annual Mumbles Raft Race begins.

The Raft Race attracts competitors from all over the world (as far as Pontardawe anyway - and is there anything after Pontardawe?) and huge crowds of supporters, followers, drinkers. It's always a very jolly community affair: you can expect to see people you haven't seen since last year's race.

(Last year I saw not Ryan Jones but the other one whose name escapes me; this year it could be Gavin and Charlotte.)

So - that's odd, I can hear a banging noise coming from downstairs and there is nobody down there - should I investigate?

Oh, my, the difficult decisions that face a church administrator on a daily basis.

It's stopped. So, as I was saying, many people will have a difficult choice on Sunday. To help you make up your mind, let me tell you that Aly is our speaker and she's going to be looking at the prodigal.

And when you come to Linden, whenever that might be, see if you notice anything different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home